Tuesday 27 June 2017

More additions to my old-school Middle Earth stuff

My local Kings of War group has been doing an escalation league, and I've been using it to bulk out my Middle Earth stuff. I can use the army as an allied Kingdoms of Men and Elf force. The movement trays give me the right unit footprints for the game.

 The whole army so far.

 A mounted hero and standard bearer from Gondor, amongst Rohan allies.

 a unit of Gondorian spearmen, and a large Beorning in bear-form. All the Gondor stuff came from Warrior Miniatures, and the bear is from Irregular Miniatures' 54mm range.

These charmingly lumpy chaps are of unknown provenance. They'll serve as man-mode Beornings, or possibly good Dunlendings.

12 comments:

  1. Great looking figures. I don't recognise the ones not from the Mythical Earth range. Can anyone enlighten me?
    I have failed miserably to manage the basing figures,my attempts were awful!
    Alan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoops misread your blog, can you say which warrior figures as I am tempted as they fit in so well with the M E ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed-they're from the 25mm Normans. The site is a bit tricky, the pictures being in a different place from the prices, but here's the relevant page. http://www.warrioronline.demon.co.uk/25mm/25norman.htm

      Delete
  3. Looking great so far. It's quite rewarding to source figures that were only available back in the 70's, or at least look as if they were in production then (like Irregular, one of my fave. manufacturers). I got my copy of KOW yesterday, rules like good and I can ignore the fluff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes...I would hazard a guess that the lumpy bods are Lamming Miniatures?

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for all your efforts that you have put in this, It's very interesting Blog...
    I believe there are many who feel the same satisfaction as I read this article!
    I hope you will continue to have such articles to share with everyone!
    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete
  9. Norton is one of the best antivirus software provider in the world. I'm using Norton security and antivirus for a year now and I'm happy. Follow this link Norton.com/setup or call on 18665359089. For more information visit here :- http://www.webroot-safe-download.com/norton-com-setup.html

    ReplyDelete